Wednesday, June 6, 2012

French Homework Help Resources

Unsure how to help with French homework? - join the club! 

My French is very rusty, and was not extensive or grammatical when I got my "B" at O'Level in 1987! Now I have a child in the Early French Immersion program, and at the end of Gr. 1 her facility with the language outstrips mine!

There are resources to help parents of children who are in French Immersion programs though. A good place to start is the FSL Homework toolbox which promises to "enrich the FSL learning experience and will engage parents in their child's journey towards "la francophonie". I found the toolbox section useful as it includes lists of words under various categories, along with how to correctly pronounce them! There are also videos which explain how skills like writing are currently taught in elementary schools.

I need all the help I can get!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment